Friday, May 8, 2015

Video Game Reflection

Technical: I used an entirely new program to me, Adobe Flash which was something I had never even touched on before. I had to change the components of the game, like the bird and the pipes of flappy bird, as well as experiment with the background and the texts of my game. I had to figure out everything in this program and nothing made sense to me at the beginning, so it made the project a lot harder.

Idea or Concept: My idea had to do with unequal wealth distribution, mostly in first-world countries, mostly dealing with the concept that the rich keep getting richer, while the poor keep getting poorer. I wanted to show that although there is enough money and food for everyone in Canada to live comfortably, the rich only want to invest and use their money in places that will allow them to get richer, rather than give to the poor. My idea stayed basically the same during the game, except I had to come up with different backgrounds and some of the text ideas changed.

Influences: I didn't have any influences for this game at all, it was purely imagination for me.

Composition: I tried to use colors that went well together, and I tried hard to make the text stand out, while still using only minimal colors to make it look more professional. I tried my best to make everything look similar and pleasing to the eye.

Motivation: I literally had no desire to do anything most of the time, considering I had no clue what I was doing. This made it very hard for me to enjoy, plan how, and want to do this project. But in the end, it was pretty cool to finish this project and see the end product as a full video game that I had made myself. Otherwise, it was very hard to make myself want to do this project at all and I found myself complaining every day.

Critical Assessment: I feel like the game itself turned out pretty cool and it portrays the message I wanted to send quite well. I also really like the look of the home screen, I like the way it works together and how it turned out. I was surprised at first that we made the game using an already made template, because I expected to make one from scratch, but I'm glad we didn't. I was also surprised at how hard it was to format everything, I thought that it would be easier to get rid of backgrounds and things like that. If there is one thing I want to do better, it's pick a more video game font, but that was the last of my concerns as the deadline came up. I also wish I could have put the rich man at the end of the game.

Click here for game <----- this isn't working for me????

No comments:

Post a Comment